Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
Ground Beef Stroganoff is a delicious little spin on a classic. In under 30 minutes, you will have a rich and creamy mushroom sauce that is PACKED with savory, ground beef. Serve it with pasta, rice or grains.
Skill Level: Easy
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, adjust to taste
- Preheat a heavy, deep pan over medium-high heat with olive oil. Add ground beef and stir to break down beef into tiny pieces. Add onions and pressed garlic. Saute until the onion is translucent and golden brown.
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until fully incorporated. Be sure to mix in any lumps that form.
- Add 1 cup beef broth, 1 cup whipping cream, 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper and bring it to a simmer. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in sour cream. Stir to combine everything together and season to taste if needed. Serve over noodles, rice or potatoes.